Over the last few years, electric vehicles have become the new normal. A lot of new and existing players in the automotive industry are coming up with new EV models that offer some advanced features and long-range. In this article, we take a look at the top three Electric car manufacturers in the world along with the models they offer.
Tesla Inc. is an American electric car and Clean Energy Company which was founded in July 2003 by a group of engineers – Martin Eberhard and Marc Tarpenning.
Their intention was to prove that electric cars are quicker, fun, and better to drive than gasoline cars. The name Tesla is a tribute to Nikola Tesla who was a mechanical and electrical engineer. The company is headquartered in Palo Alto, California and it’s headed by Elon Musk.
Tesla not only manufactures various types of electric vehicles but also has set its foot in the manufacturing of Solar panels and solar roofs. Their cars are famous for long-range (km/charge). Tesla envisions the future to be zero-emission and without fossil fuel dependency.
Tesla has two primary segments for its revenue —
- Development Services
- Automotive Services
Here is a list of car models offered by Tesla along with their prices
- Model S: The approximate price for the base variant of Model S is $69,490.
- Model 3: The approximate price for the base variant of Model 3 is $33,690.
- Model X: The approximate price for the base variant of Model X is $74,690.
- Model Y: The approximate price for the base variant of Model Y is $48,690.
Manufacturing Rank of Tesla:
In terms of global sales, Tesla stood in the first position in the year 2019. With 63,148 units sold in December, the total sales in the year hit a record of 367,820 units.
Nissan, the Japanese automobile manufacturer has been quite successful in the Internal Combustion Engine vehicles segment. Over the last few years, they have also had great success in the Electric Vehicles sector.
The Nissan Leaf and other models of electric cars by Nissan Motors are designed to have a decent range with zero-emission. Their cars are meant for the mass market. Nissan has changed the experience of driving cars, as it provides advanced powertrain to the car and has become a hybrid electric vehicle leader. Their cars have upgraded the normal driving into quiet, responsive, and smooth acceleration, and stable handling.
To experience secure and convenient ownership, Nissan Motors incorporated with the latest IT System through which it is always connected to the driving support function.
Nissan Leaf, one of Nissan’s most iconic Electric car, was introduced in Japan and The United States in December 2010, but in Europe and some other markets, it was launched in 2011. It has won several International accolades like:
- 2010 “Green car vision” award.
- 2011 “European Car of the Year”.
- 2011 “World Car of the Year”.
- 2011-12 “Japan Car of the year”.
Here is a list of Electric car models offered by Nissan along with their prices:
- Nissan e-NV200: The approximate price of eNV200 is $38,510.
- Nissan Esflow: The approximate price of the Esflow is $35,000.
- Nissan Townpod: The price for this model is Unrevealed.
- Nissan Leaf: The approximate price of the Leaf is $43,900.
- Nissan Nuvu: The price for this model is Unrevealed.
- Nissan Land Glider: The price for this model is Unrevealed.
- Nissan Altima: The approximate price of the Altima is $35,750.
- Nissan Hypermini: The approximate price of the Hypermini is $ 36,567.
Manufacturing Rank of Nissan:
Nissan stood in the third position in the year 2019 for its global sale. WIth 56,96 units sold in December, the total sales in the year reached 80,545 units.
China has seen higher adoption of Electric Vehicles compared to other nations owing to the innovations in EVs. Beijing Automotive Industry Holding Co., Ltd (BAIC) has been one of the most instrumental EV manufacturers in the Chinese market.
The Chinese Government owns 60% shares in BAIC, and also owns several machine manufacturers and automobile companies in Beijing, China. But BAIC has a separate unit of its electric vehicle as it has spun-off its electric vehicle business and named it as Beijing Electric Vehicle Company (BJEV).
The Beijing Electric Vehicle Company is located in Caiyu, Daxing, Beijing and the welding work of the company is done in Zhuzhou Hunan. For its Electric Vehicle unit, the company has raised its fund from IPO i.e. $460. The company has tie-ups with LeAuto and Faraday Future and converted companies like LE Holdings as its investors.
In November 2013, 12% of the BAIC shares were acquired by the Daimler AG, The German Company. In China, BAIC BJEV was the only company to get a certificate for the electric vehicle in 2016 by the Government of China. It is the fourth largest vehicle manufacturer in China, and globally the best electric car seller.
Here is a list of Electric car models offered by BAIC’s BJEV along with their prices:
- BAIC’s EX360: The approximate price of the EX360 is $11,846.
- BAIC’s EU5: The approximate price of the EU5 is $19,154.
- BAIC’s EU260: The approximate price of the EU260 is $ 35,992.
- BAIC’s EV160: The approximate price of the EV160 is $ 20,000.
- BAIC’s EC180: The approximate price of the EC180 is $ 21,434.
- BAIC’s EC200: The approximate price of the EC200 is $ 34,863.
- BAIC’s LITE R300: The approximate price of the LITE R300 is $ 25,247.
Manufacturing Rank of BAIC Motors:
BAIC Motors stood in second position in the year 2019 in terms of global sales. With 36,323 units sold in December, the total sales in the year reached 160,251 units.
EV Duniya Editorial: This article is written by Himani Kathal