As more and more nations pledge to reduce their carbon footprint by switching to renewables, car manufacturers across the world have geared up to push out their most competitive version of electric cars. Taking a lead in the segment is the South Korean automotive giant, the Hyundai which has rolled-out Kona with the distinction of being India’s first all-electric SUV.
With a stunning efficiency of 454 Km on a single charge, Hyundai Kona Electric is ready to be called as India’s first long-range electric vehicle as certified by ARAI. What adds to Kona EV’s power-packed performance are the features such as Sport mode that offers thrilling driving experience, and the acceleration capacity of 0-100 km in just 9.7 seconds.
Review of Hyundai Kona Electric
Specifications of Hyundai Kona Electric:
Overall Length (mm)
Overall Width (mm)
Overall Height (mm)
- Max Power (ps) – 136
- Max Torque (kgm) – 40.27
- Battery Type – Lithium-ion Polymer
- BATTERY Capacity (kWh) – 39.2
- AC Charging (0-100%) – Approx 6 h 10 min
- BATTERY DC Charging (0-80%) @50 kW – Approx 57 mins
- AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION (Type) – Single Speed Reduction Gear
Apart from being a performance-driven machine, Hyundai Kona Electric is equipped with amazing and innovative features such as:
- Paddle shift, that offers a regenerative braking system
- Front ventilated heated seats
- Electronic Tyre pressure monitoring system
- Electric parking brake
- Shift-by-wire Automatic transmission
- Cruise control
- Wireless phone charging
- Rear AC vents
Safety is always a priority in every SUV, and Hyundai Kona EV is no exception to this. With features such as Six airbags, Hill-assist control (HAC), ISOFIX for child safety, Electronic stability control, 10-way power-adjustable driver’s seat with lumbar support etc., Hyundai played very seriously by incorporating the next-level safety features into Kona.
Kona EV is offered in two variants,
- Kona Premium as the base model with a price tag of 23.76 Lakh
- Kona Premium Daul-tone, the top-end model, priced at 23.95 Lakh. (Ex-showroom prices)
Talking about interiors Hyundai Kona EV offers a 5-seater capacity, with distinct interiors. There is leather upholstery, headrests for seaters on the rear side, and central armrest on the front side.
The full-LED system is essentially the stand-out feature of every EV these days. KONA gets LED DRLs, LED taillamps, and roof rails. Also, there is a roof spoiler along with 17inch alloys.
Also read: MG ZS Electric SUV Features & Specifications
EV Duniya Editorial: Author of this article is Amol Mishra